Contact Us    •   A-Z Index   •   Website Terms of Use   •   Privacy Policy   •   Disclaimer


© 2011 East Boldre

Parish Council
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Google Bookmarks Print

History Section - East Boldre Timeline - WW1

During the First World War a large military flying school was built on the flat heathland at East Boldre. The site was previously used by McArdle and Drexel’s New Forest School of Aviation which opened in 1910 and closed in 1912 making this an ideal location. The airfield at East Boldre was known as RFC Beaulieu then, when the RFC and RNAS were merged to form the RAF on 1 April 1918, it was known as RAF Beaulieu.

Home Village Halls Pilley Players

Popular Pages

Newsletter Local Tradesmen Community Section Local History Parish Council East Boldre Artists Tennis Club Information Section